A selected list of Keynote Presentations by Dr. Lal available online
- Lecture “Managing soil health for environmental and climate security in the Latin American and Caribbean Region” at Congreso Futuro; Santiago, Chile on January 4th, 2023
- Keynote Address “Regenerative agriculture on global scale for people and the planet” at Future Harvest Conference, The Chesapeake Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture; College Park, Maryland on January 12th-14th
- Lecture “Managing ecological footprint of food systems” at Carbon Footprints, Journal Editorial Office; Beijing, China on February 2nd, 2023
- Lecture “Translating science of soil carbon into action through cooperation with private sector” at SSSA/SSSC Symposium; February 22nd, 2023
- Lecture “Climate farming for climate and food security” at National Center for Appropriate Technology; Butte, Montana on February 28th, 2023
- Lal, R. 2023. "Climate change and soil science" Webinar by Methodist Theological School, Delaware, Ohio, 19th April, 2023.
- Lal, R. 2023. "Managing soil health for food and climate security", Extinction or Regeneration Conference, 11-12 May, 2023, London, U.K.
- Lal, R. 2023. Concluding remarks for AgCarbon Conference, 24-25 May, 2023, UMGP, Ben Guerir, Morocco.
- Lal, R. 2023. Carbon farming for advancing Sustainable Development Goals. Plenary Lecture, AgCarbon Conference, 24-25 May, 2023, Ben Guerir, Morocco.
Lal, R. 2023. Managing Soil Health with Vetiver (Vetiveria zizinioides) for Food and Climate Security. ICV-7 Annual Vetiveria International Conference. 29-31 May 2023. The Vetiver Network International. Chiang Mai, Thailand. Keynote Speaker. In-Person.
- Lal, R. 2023. "Processes of soil carbon sequestration", 7th Int. Vetiver Conference, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 29-31st May, 2023.
- Lal, R. 2023. "Agriculture Revolution in Brazil: Accomplishments and Challenges", Syngenta OneAgro 2023, 13-14 June, 2023, Campinas, Brazil.
- Lal, R. 2023. "Managing agriculture for climate and food security", OneAgro 2023 Conferences, Syngenta,Campinas,Brazil,13-14 June, 2024.
- Lal, R. 2023. "Principals of carbon farming", OneAgro 2023, Campinas, Brazil, 13-14 June, 2023.
- Lal, R. 2023. SDG2 & Soil. Advancing Success Towards SDG2 (Zero Hunger) Through Science and Technology, National Academy of Sciences Building, Washington, D.C., 14 July, 2023. Video 5 at 41:00
- Lal, R. 2023. Carbon Sequestration – Enabling Brazilian Agriculture to Foster Global Sustainability. SOEA Conference: Official Week of Engineering and Agriculture with CONFEA/CREA, Porto Alegre, Brazil, 10th August, 2023. Video starts at 43:19.
- Lal, R. 2023. "World Food Day: Pride and Celebrations. IARI, 2023 WFD Celebrations", New Delhi, India, 17th October, 2023.
- Lal, R. 2023. "The Importance of Soil Management to Mitigate Climate Change", Harvard Conference on Consciousness, Conscious Approach to Environment and Leadership, Harvard University, 27-28th October 2023.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Managing Soil for Food and Climate Security and Advance SDGs of the U.N. National Workshop on Innovative Agriculture", (Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav). ICAR, New Delhi, India. 10 May 2022. Video starts at 4:21:00.
- Lal, R. 2022. "The role of scientific research in the promotion of sustainable development and peace", Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Science for Peace Forum. Chisinau, Moldova. 25 May 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Managing soil for food security. OCP Cultivating Conversation, Feeding the Earth: Understanding Soil Health." 13 July 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Soil health management and education for climate and food security. Sustainable Agriculture Education Association (SAEA)." OSU, Columbus, OH. 20-22 July 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Priming Africa’s farming through regenerative agriculture. Sasakawe/ JIRKAS Webinar on Potential of Regenerative Agriculture in Africa." 5 Aug 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Soil health and carbon sequestration. Symposium on Agriculture, Food Systems and Climate Change" North Carolina State University. Raleigh, NC, USA. 11 Aug 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Farming Carbon in Global Drylands. Impact of Climate Change on Food Production in Dry Areas". Ain Shams University, Egypt. 3-5 Sept. 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. Interview with FAO. FAO Science and Innovation Forum. 14 Sep 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Managing Soil Health for Food, Nutritional and Climate Security". Symposium on Complex Science of Soil Health, Food and Nutritional Security and Climate, ASA/CSSA/SSSA Meeting, Baltimore. 8 Nov. 2022.
- Lal, R. 2022. "Managing Soil for Safe, Healthy and Nutritious Food". World Soil Day Panel, Environmental Professionals Network, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA. 5 Dec. 2022.
Lal, R. 2021. An Amazing Agroforestry Story: The Inga Model In Central America (Virtual). Life Saves the Planet Lecture Series. 22 February 2021. Biodiversity for a Livable Climate and WGBH Forum Network. Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Panelist. Online.
Lal, R. 2021. Soil and Humanity. Day 2. TEDxOhioStateUniversity. 14 March 2021. The Ohio State University and TEDx. Columbus, Ohio, USA. Online. Starts at 28:00.
Lal, R. 2021. Soil Quality and Health. Global Agriculture Innovation Forum: Sustainable and Climate-Smart. 19 March 2021. USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service and Purdue University’s Office of International Programs in Agriculture. West Lafayette, Indiana, USA. Online.
Lal, R. 2020. Managing Soil Carbon for Food and Climate. US-UK Scientific Forum on Sustainable Agriculture with the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), Washington, D.C., USA. 5 March 2020.
Lal, R. 2020. Soil Management and Sustainable Development Goals. Virtual Dialogue with Dr. Rattan Lal and Dr. Manuel Otero, General Director of IICA | Soil Health: The Welfare of Humanity with the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), San José, Costa Rica. 7 July 2020.
Lal, R. 2020. Status and Challenges of Global Soil Carbon Sequestration. RECSOIL: Re-carbonization of Global Soils with the Food and Agricultural Organization of the UN (FAO), Rome, Italy. 17 June 2020. (Starts at 34:00)
Lal, R. 2020. Realizing Sustainable Development Goals by Regenerative Agriculture and Soil Organic Matter Management. Good Growth Plan with the Syngenta Group and IICA, Uberlândia, Brazil and San José, Costa Rica. 23 September 2020.
Lal, R. 2020. Translating Science into Action, featuring the Honorable VP Al Gore and World Food Prize Foundation President Barbara Stinson. Panelist. 2020 Borlaug Dialogue with the World Food Prize Foundation (WFPF), Des Moines, Iowa, USA. 12 October 2020.
Lal, R. 2020. Carbon Farming for Food and Climate Security: Producing More from Less. Iowa State University Norman Borlaug Lecture with the World Food Prize Foundation (WFPF) and Iowa State University (ISU), Ames, Iowa, USA. 12 October 2020.
Lal, R. 2020. The World Soil Day: Perseverance, Opportunities, and Challenges. The Ohio State University Soil Science Seminar: World Soil Day, Columbus, OH, USA. 4 December 2020.
- Lal, R. 2017. The Food-Energy-Water-Waste Nexus in India. Waste Management Innovation Conference, Mumbai, India 17-18 April 2017.
- Lal, R. 2016. Sustainable Management and Carbon Sequestration in Soils of Africa. COP22, Marrakesh, Morocco, 7-18 November 2016.
- Lal, R. 2016. Adaptation of African Agriculture to Climate Change (AAA). Marrakesh, Morocco, 29-30 September 2016.
- Lal, R. 2016. Soil Health and Sustainability. GIFS Conference, Saskatoon, Canada, 14-16 June.
- Lal, R. 2016. Soils and World Food Security. GIFS Conference, Saskatoon, Canada, 14-16 June.
- Lal, R. 2015. Soil Restoration for Ecosystem Services. IUSS Sustain 2015 Conference, University of Kiel, Germany, 21-24 September 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Soil and Sustainability. Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Soil Science, Kyoto, Japan, 9-11 September 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Saving Oil by Managing Soil. Soil Not Oil International Conference, Richmond, California, 4-5 September 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Integrated Resource Management for Efficient Food Production. International Soil Conference on "Sustainable Uses of Soil in Harmony with Food Security (ISC2015), Phetchaburi Province, Thailand, 18-21 August 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Soil Carbon Pool as an Environmental Indicator. International Conference on Environmental Indicators (ICEI), Windsor, Canada, 2-5 August 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Carbon Sequestration in Soils: A Challenge for Food Security and Climate Action. INRA, Paris, France, 7 July 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Managing Landscape for Environmental Sustainability. International Conference on Climate Change and Multi-dimensional Sustainability in African Agriculture, Morogorro, Tanzania, 3-5 June 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Environmental Sustainability. International Conference on Climate Change and Multi-dimensional Sustainability in African Agriculture, Morogorro, Tanzania, 3-5 June 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Challenges of Measuring and Managing Soil C Sink for Mitigating Climate Change. Global Soil Week 2015, Berlin, Germany, 20-23 April 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Soil as a Sink of Atmospheric CO2 and CH4. Global Soil Week 2015, Berlin, 20-23 April 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Beyond DNC-2015. Dresden Nexus Conference, Dreseden, Germany, 25-27 March 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Soil Carbon Sequestration and Climate Change. VIII Costa Rican Soil Science Congress, San Jose, Cost Rica, 18-20 March 2015.
- Lal, R. 2015. Soil and Society. Alberta Soil Science Workshop, Edmonton, Canada, 17-19 February 2015.
- Lal, R. The Soil-Peace Nexus: Our Common Future. 20th World Congress Soil Science, Jeju, Korea, 8-13 June 2014.